Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Landlady drama

This is just a quick post to update you on the latest drama with my landlady...if you were looking for my updated about Denmark and Sweden, look one post below!

Monday afternoon my landlady tried to kick me out of my apartment.  She didn't say she wanted me out in a week, or even a day...she said I was to be "out tonight".  You're probably wondering what  I did to deserve getting kicked out...I am wondering that too!  Before I tell you the story though, let me make it clear that I did not get kicked out.  I convinced her to let me stay for my last week in Germany. (Although I am not sure that I want to!)

Here are the reasons she said I was to leave:

1. A mistake I made, and corrected four months ago.  When I first moved in, I didn't think about needing to open the bathroom window when I shower because I had never had to do that before in my life.  After two weeks she told me that I need to open the window when I shower, and I did from then on.  But there is some mold/mildew on the shower wall from that.  Apparently this is the first time she has noticed it, and she was very angry about it.

2. She decided to empty my trash can while I was in Denmark.  I had not emptied the whole thing because her trash can was too full.  She told me she spent an hour sorting through my trash in order to correctly recycle things, and she showed me three moldy items she found in my trash can.  She was very angry about this, which I didn't understand because I never asked her to empty my trash, and was planning to sort through it myself.

3.  Apparently every night I am supposed to sleep with my bedroom window open, even in winter.  She never informed me of this, and when I open the window bugs come in.  But she was very angry that I had not been sleeping with it open, and thinks the mold around the window is caused by me sleeping with it closed.

4. She thinks that I water damaged my dresser.  When she first said that, I quickly looked at it and apologized for the water damage.  Later I looked closer at the dresser, and realized that it is not water damaged but that that is just how the dresser looks.

Those are her reasons for wanting me out.  I did not understand her reasoning, especially since she wanted to kick me out without warning.  I apologized for everything she was mad about, and explained why things were not the way she wanted.  And I told her I am only here one week, and asked if I could stay one more week.  She agreed that I could.

I have just one week left here, and don't want to be stressed out this whole week.  I don't usually cry, but after she left the room I started crying.  I also have a feeling I am going to have trouble getting my deposit back...

I have been praying that God will help me to remain calm and humble, and that He will speak through me so that I do not say hurtful words.  I have also been praying that through my witness of not cussing at her, or yelling, or even seeming mad, that she will see Jesus.  Please join me in praying for all of this.  Please also pray for me as this has added a lot of unneeded stress on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment